5/1/11

Enter the FEST Treasure Hunt! Over $200 worth of prizes

It is finally May 1st! 
Do know what that means? 
The Florida Etsy Street Team Treasure Hunt has begun!

Later this month 1 very lucky winner will receive over $200 worth of fabulous handmade items from  participating Florida artists/artisans. It might even be you.... but only if you join the hunt!

You have a limit of 18 tags. Use them wisely.
Oops, that tag already exists. Try again.
Sorry, that tag is restricted. Please try again.
Sorry, each tag is limited to 30 characters.

So how does it work?

From May 1 through May 12 visit the FEST blog (http://etsyfest.blogspot.com/) for your daily clue.

First this clue will point you in the direction of a participating shop. (By the way, you can find a list of all FEST members by clicking here.)

Next the clue will direct you to one of the items in that shop. If you are looking at the correct listing, you will see that day's secret word.

Each day there will be a new clue & new secret word. The 12 words will combine to form a question.

Email the answer to this question to FESTTreasureHunt@gmail.com along with your name. Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM EST on Saturday May 14th.

The winner will be randomly selected from those who answer correctly. This lucky person takes home all of the prizes!
Please note: The treasure hunt is open to folks over 18 who are residents of the USA or Canada. You do not need to be a member of FEST or Etsy to play. Organizers of the hunt are not elegible to win.

Ready to get started? Here are some handy links

Gather the clues here: http://etsyfest.blogspot.com/ 

Read more about this hunt on the original Florida Etsy Street Team Treasure Hunt blogpost.



Want to know more about the treasure hunt sponsors?

While there are hundreds of talented folks on the Florida team, following are some of the etsy sellers who generously donated prizes to this great game. To visit any of their shops, just click on the purple name.

DMCJewelryCentralFL - I'm a south Florida native living in Central Florida. I came to jewelry making late in life after becoming fascinated with the lore and metaphysical properties of gemstones. I truly enjoy making people happy by giving them a place to buy reasonably priced, quality, custom jewelry. 

Uniquenique - Originally from South Africa I now live and work in the United States. I am fascinated by the world around me and try and incorporate that into my work. Although I work in a lot of different mediums my favorites are glass and wire. I love to experiment and create without that outlet I think I would permanently be on overload. It is a wonderful feeling when something you created makes someone else happy.

FeyFripperies -  I'm Heather Daniel. I have always been an artistic kind of person. My inspiration comes from the desire to sparkle and make something personal for others. I enjoy making other people happy and when I am crafting, I put a lot of heart into my pieces. 

fragiacomoglassart - I'm a stay at home mom who's been lampworking for 5 years now! I love every minute and LOVE working with all the bright, fun colors. My favorite beads are the ones with as much color as possible. I hope my beads make others as happy as they make me!

angeloco - I am a native Floridian and have always lived near the ocean. I am very blessed to be surrounded by the sounds and smell of the sea at all times as my home studio is in the city by the sea, St. Augustine, Fl. 

ashleykmckenzie - My name is Ashley and I live in Madrid, Spain but I'm currently in Florida for a few months. I enjoy all types of arts and crafts and meeting others who like to create! My inspiration comes from all of the beautiful people I've met in my travels around the world, especially the children!

hannahbird - Hannah is a freelance illustrator living in Jacksonville, FL. She works primarily in watercolor and ink, specializing in fantasy, fairy tale, and children's book illustration. Her shop features prints, paper goods, art pendants, and original paintings.

runningwithescissors - I’m Barbara, a lifelong (50 years and counting!) crafter and owner of Running Withe Scissors an ETSY Shop devoted to paper crafts. If you can put paper to it, I’m into it! Hot items at my shop include University Décor items and - believe it or not- Christmas Card Address books. I sold 17 of them last December alone and 45 in the last year. Stop by and wander through the shop!

feedyoursoulthreads - I created Feed Your Soul Threads while doing a bit of my own soul searching. We are only here a short time and while life is demanding we have to remember that we all deserve a break, some R&R, some time to be creative and to just be you. My upcycled designs encourage you to slow down and take some time to Feed Your Soul .

TealwaterDesigns - I have lived along the Gulf Coast (Northern Panhandle) of Florida for the past 20 years, it is a beautiful area of the world. I have a wonderful husband, two stepchildren who are now grown, a sweet dog and an adorable kitty. I grew up in New England (Branford, CT) and I thought I would end up back up north once I was done with college but I started dating my husband right before I graduated from UWF and that was that...I wasn't going anywhere!

sewZinski - Iowa girl living in Florida. Crafting full time and loving it! I make hand embroidered and hand painted eco-friendly accessories for you and your home.

Zizzybob - From Fort Lauderdale. Creates fabric postcards, bowls, and garlands from cotton and assorted embellishments

MiGoPhoto - My name is Sara and I've been hooked on creativity my whole life! I just love travelling and taking photographs of the fun places I have been and beautiful things I have seen. I also have a shop on Etsy where I sell clothing, purses, and accessories that I sew, having been trained by my mother and grandmothers in sewing

ArtSnark - If you read this blog, you may know too much about me already... but just in case: I'm Stacey Merrill, mixed media artist & jack of all trades. When I'm not wearing assorted hats for R&R Games I can usually be found tinkering in a variety of materials, traveling, blogging or gardening.

Many thanks to all contributors to this Treasure Hunt. Special thanks, extra hugs and virtual roses & chocolates to Sarah (MiGoPhoto) for doing so much to bring all of this together!

And thank you to all readers who play along. Now get of here & go solve some clues! Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. I am a new follower plz follow me back at http://my-2-cents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete