9/2/11

Illustration Friday - Mysterious

Red Handed - charcoal, ink & digital


Wow - is already time for IllustrationFriday again? Another fabulous art challenge this week - the new prompt is "Mysterious." Come out & play if you get a chance. Just post your mysterious interpretation and link up over at IllustrationFriday.com.

Skull doodles WIP

Sadly, I missed last week's prompt, "disguise." Time slipped away from me.... but I am playing with the mask doodles again this year. So happy to find more paper mache skelly parts when cleaning up my messy space. Last fall, I found that although I don't stick to art journaling, skull scribbling somehow clicks for me.
2010 WIP skull, since finished

I'm thinking about listing this 2010 mask on Etsy. It has been finished (oops - never did take a final photo) & is displayed on a modified doll stand. The question is - should I add holes & ribbon so that it can be hung on a wall before listing? What do you think? I'd love any suggestions.

Time to get back to my day. If you are feeling doodle-iscous remember to post your mysterious creation & share over at IF.
   
Oh, & if you haven't entered the Sept 8th random drawing for 3 pendants from LilyBellesJewels and would like some more info, click here. All who comment on this blog before the drawing are automatically entered.

4 comments:

  1. The skull mask is great, hope we can see the picture of it finished :)
    I'm not sure about the ribbon...it can look good depending on the colour and fabric you are going to use.
    This is gonna look very good on a white wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the I.F image - stunning!!

    The skull is brilliant, the colours are magical!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful textures and color! The skull is amazing and I love they hidden imagery in your image for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved when you did this last year! I was so inspired that my kids and I each did one too! But of course, ours were not nearly as beautiful as yours...
    http://griggboys.blogspot.com/2010/10/halloween-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete