4/23/10

IF- Ahead

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau

Don't Look Back

Today's Illustration Friday email came with this great Thoreau quote. The new prompt is Ahead.

This drawing is charcoal & conte' on grey paper. It is embellished with watch gears. The wooden frame is decorated with gold colored leaves. The portrait is mounted under a hidden mat & is not touching the glass. This piece is available in my ArtSnark shop - just click on photo for details.

Want to see more images for this prompt? Click here to visit IllustrationFriday.com. If you're feeling inspired, join the party & add your own piece. If you do, please let me know - I'd love to see what you've created.
------------------

By the way, I'm hosting 2 random drawings right now. 1 is for a matted print of my drawing Blue Dryad. The other is for a paper robot puppet by Winona Cookie. To enter, simply leave a comment. Click here for giveaway details & photos of prizes.

13 comments:

  1. always great to look ahead...and learn from the past!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawing is fabulous!!! I love it...and the gears are perfect!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your illustrations. I used an acrylic gel medium to transfer the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your nice comment, Stacey. Love your IF illustration! And it sort of has a double meaning. Ahead. And a head... : )

    xoxo - Chelise

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO true about the present being almost everything. I try to live that every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great illustration. I don't look for you on IF, I just click on those that catch my attention, and yours always do. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great depiction Stacey!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. You always take time to leave a comment and I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the clock gears, its very cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the interaction of the gears and the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much to look at here! You have a wonderful blog; I'm so glad you stopped by and commented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! And I Love the Blue Dryad! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the hint of apprehension in the expression. Very fitting.

    ReplyDelete