4/9/10

The Messenger - Polaroid Transfer on marble Tile

The Messenger

A few years ago I was really into making Polaroid transfers. I recently came across a box of emulsion transfers on marble tiles & and decided to rework them.

The tiles measure 4" sq and have hanging hardware attached to the back. Each is one of a kind. At $10 each, they are priced to move (I need to make some space around here). They are available in my ArtSnark etsy shop. Just click the photos for more info.

The Messenger tile started out the mate to this angel

Angel

First I went over the image a bit with watercolor & colored pencils. Then I coated an Italian Script stamp from Judikins with 2 colors of cat's eye chalk ink. After stamping the front, I wrapped the text around the sides & sprayed the whole thing with several coats of UV resistant finish.

I haven't had any time to work on major projects lately so I'm glad to have something to dabble with. I get cranky when I go to long with out my "art therapy."

--------------

By the way:

Linked is the IllustrationFriday.com prompt this week.

Miniature Art is Theme Thursday's challenge

Icecream is for Mix it Up With Melange (which changes every other Wednesday so you have almost 2 weeks to do this one).

----------------

If you missed yesterday's post, click here to read about the amazing Steampunk artist Ramona Szczerba (aka Winona Cookie). You can also enter her random drawing for a steampunk art magnet (winner's choice).

--------------


And now I'm off. Time to take the Little Dude to dinner and his first art opening. He's so excited. I have to chuckle, he was telling his kindergarten class about it & insisted on bringing invite cards to his teachers this morning.

If you're in the area, be sure to pop by. And if not, I hope you have a fantastic evening anyway!

3 comments:

  1. I love the way this turned out. It was gorgeous before but the script gave it that added oomph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is the best one yet...love the transfer with the script...i like it.

    ReplyDelete