8/16/10

Goodies from July ATC swap

Bird Love ATC from LemanchiDesigns.etsy.com

I'm finally posting all the lovely little pieces I received in last month's Art Trading Card Swap. I'll also include links to the artists' Etsy shops. If you would like to see more of their creations, just click on the caption below each image.

Encaustic "Wild Rose" on handmade paper from LizAnnasOnTheLake.etsy.com

By the way, if you are wondering "What is an ATC?" click here for more info. Basically it is a playing card sized (2.5" x 3.5") piece of 2-d art. Art Trading Cards can be created using a variety of materials.

No.1 Beauty from Whyte.etsy.com

The artists who participated in this swap are also members of the Melange Team On Etsy, a mixed media Etsy Street Team. So for this swap, the only requirement was that the pieces be mixed media.

from MidwestieLady.etsy.com

If you haven't tried your hand at ATCs yet, I highly recommend it. But beware - both creating and collecting them can be very addicting!

from ElenaMary.etsy.com


Once you've made a few cards go find some other folks to trade with. You can find many people trading online - search around google or your favorite artsy forums. You may even find a swap-group in your own back yard. I just stumbled upon a local trading group this weekend while dropping off some drawings for a juried show.

Ornament from ElenaMary.etsy.com

Or if you are an organizer, start up your own swap. This little something extra was included in my package from the sweet Elena Mary Siff who started this fun trade. Thanks so much, Elena Mary! And thank you to everyone else - this was a blast!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these, Stacey! It was such a fun swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had fun! Thanks for sharing on your blog, I love swaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried this but I can see the appeal, these are gorgeous! :)

    I guess I work so big that even 5 x 7 is a challenge for me, I should really try this, thanks Stacey, again for another wonderful inspiration! T. :)

    ReplyDelete