10/2/11

Illustration Friday - Hibernate

hibernate

Once again loving IllustrationFriday's new prompt- this week it is the evocative Hibernate. Many thanks to stock photographer/model daylight-calling for sharing her wonderful images on deviantart.com. Anybody who pops over here regularly knows that DeviantArt is one of my top go-to spots for models. I was super happy to stumble onto daylight-calling's stock tonight.

Dredging the itunes library for some torpid inspiration led me to Jude's No One Is Really Beautiful(The only clean version of "I know" that I could find for sharing is from the City of Angels Soundtrack)


I've also been mulling over a line from Wilde's Dorian Gray, which I'm rereading for for the Etsy Time Travelers Team book club: "The world belongs to you for a season.... The moment I met you I saw that you were quite unconscious of what you really are, of what you really might be."

Toss in an uninvited visit from my regular muse, Little Red, and you've got today's digital illustration for Hibernate. Click the pic to enlarge.

Want to see some more grand yet sleepy art? Check out IllustrationFriday.com. 

Feeling inspired? Post your own & link up before next Friday.

---------
It was great fun participating in the 5th incarnation of Seth Apter's ongoing Q&A project, The Pulse. 130+ artists answered a variety of art related questions . The latest chapter, Techniques & Tools, asks what technique or tool the artists couldn't live without. Some great answers can be found now on Seth's blog, The Altered Page, with links to each artists creations.  (yep, shameless plug - I'm in this round). Click here to check it out - it is interesting to see the mix of responses & styles. Be sure to visit The Altered Page each Sunday for a new installment of The Pulse.

Seth Apter's The Pulse artists' survey
------------
Entered my giveaway yet? Yep, changing topics on you again. If you answered "no" then leave a comment & your name goes in the hat. I'm drawing 1 random winner next Thursday from anyone who has commented on this blog in the last 2 weeks. By the way, I've been a lazy blogger so comments are light & your odds are good. Winner gets 1 ACEO of their choice from my Artsnark.etsy.com shop.

Well, gotta fly. Hope you are feeling inspired & wishing you a creative day!

5 comments:

  1. What a powerful image...with the perfect title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your comments on Seth's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heisann!
    Put on your walking shoes, bring with your camera or paper and pen and document what you see on October 9 and link to my blog!
    More information: http://viltogvakkert.blogspot.com/2011/10/bloggers-sunday-walk.html

    Join us ;:OD)
    Comment on my post on Sunday, and I collect the links and make a new post on Monday!

    I will come back and read more thorough, now I must rush on....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! The eyes have it when it comes to tools!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful imagery and I love this style of art!

    ReplyDelete