12/8/11

Suki Secret Santa = Love


I have a new mailman. He's not yet familiar with our route...  our missives arrive late in the day & the mail is often mis-delivered (on the + side, we get to know our neighborhood a bit better). 

After a longish day, I came home to a package from the UK... from someone I didn't know. But it wasn't for my neighbor - it was for me (woohoo).  'Twas something lovely from my Etsy Time Traveler Team Secret Santa!!!



This sweet stranger went to the bother of checking my shop & catering to my red riding hood obsession theme. How cool is that!



She made this adorable card (anyone kicking around this blog for awhile knows I have a soft spot for manga & how perfect the big-eyed Little Red really is) and the hand knotted necklace is simply adorable. I love it!


And the wolf... he fits perfectly on the shelf above my desk. My Zuni fetish white wolf has finally found  mate, I think. Another wonderful thing about this fellow is how much he reminds me of the Wade figures my Nana collected. I used to (carefully) play with them when I was very, very small. This handsome fellow is now comfortably nestled between his new mate & a cherished photo of my Gran.


My Secret Santa also included the colorful book shown in the background - Jill Barklem's Brambly Hedge Winter Story.... which I am looking forward to reading soon -Little Dude (the pest bookworm) skipped off with it as soon as I took this photo.

If you'd like to see what my Secret Santa is up to on Etsy, please check out LittleKamakura.  Perhaps I can persuade her to visit this blog for an interview in 2012...

In the meantime - many thanks, Suki! Your thoughtful gift to a total stranger is appreciated more than you know. Best wishes for a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable and thoughtful gifts. I visited her shop and did some shopping! Fun items for sure!!
    My granddaughters will be thrilled!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete