7/23/10

Change Is In The Air....

(& so is Tropical Storm Bonnie)

Just walked back from one of my favorite local shops, Bohemian Vintage in Tampa. Sad to say that today is the last day the storefront will be open. 


However Mina will continue sell her fabulous finds online at BohemianVintage1.etsy.com. You can also read about her latest treasures & other fun decor posts on her blog minasdecorandfashion.blogspot.com


I will admit I do a lot of my shopping online & do not "shop local" as often as I should. But it has been a true pleasure having such a lovely (& lively) store literally right around the corner.  And Mina is such a sweetie! 


She greets everyone with a smile but is content to let her customers find their way around. And always makes time for a chat if you have a few minutes to talk treasures. So I popped by this afternoon to take a few photos before she closed for the day. 


Many of the free-use antique photos I post to this blog come from Bohemian Vintage. Mina has a great eye & I am so glad she will continue stocking her Etsy Shop with her latest discoveries. Ciao, Mina. Wishing you the best of luck with all of your new adventures!!

-----------

On other local fronts today, the Tampa Artists Emporium turns 3! Congrats, Guys!!


The new owners, Melissa & Anthony, are hosting a birthday bash from 6 - 10 tonight at the gallery. There is lots of art, a bar and.....cupcakes! mmm...mmm... you can't go wrong with cupcakes. They will also be holding a raffle featuring local art & giving away goody bags too. 

I decided to donate a half dozen mixed media tiles. I  altered some old polaroid transfer tiles (rejects I never got around to tossing) & had some fun with rubber stamps, markers & inks. Here's one of them:


In fact I need to get over there - didn't realize how late it was! So, if you are in South Tampa tonight pop on over to 3415 Bay To Bay Blvd. You can find more event info on their website &  Facebook page . And if you're not in town - have fun anyway!!

4 comments:

  1. A fun but surreal piece. You got it going on girly. XXXHugs, Mollye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey, how are you?

    Great info you have here. That Bohemian Antique Shop looks like a great way for me to get cool stuff for my photo shootings :)

    Thanks for your comment in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tiles Stacey, always hate to read about a fav shop closing, glad to see she's going to keep her etsy shop open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always sad when a fav. local shop closes :(

    I love the Emporium (I checked it out online) We definitely need something like that here in Portland.

    We have lots of artists but not a big art buying community. But the Emporium looks like it brings the community tog.

    Hope you have fun at the event. Have a lovely weekend, T. :)

    ReplyDelete