7/14/10

Illustration Friday meets Diary 2011

"I always say,  keep a diary and someday it will keep you." 
- Mae West

Seems like ages since I've contributed to Illustration Friday. Each week I am inspired by the  latest prompt but haven't had the time to transfer my ideas from brain to paperLast Friday's word was "Diary" and came with this fun quotation.

It just happens that I've been running behind schedule on my pages for Fantayza's Diary 2011 project. Due to my perpetual procrastination, I've retooled some older drawings to fit the bill rather than start from scratch. (The drawings are faint so that the pages can be used by the diarist. click image to enlarge)


(Were you around for last years Diary 2010 posts? If not, the links to those pages are here & here if you are curious)

Are you wondering What is the Diary 2011 Project Now in its 4th year, the Diaries Project was founded by photographer/fashion designer Lucy Baribeau of Fantazya. Lucy gathers pages from artists worldwide into a fantastic Diary/day planner that she then sells online at Fantazya.etsy.com.  Last summer Lucy stopped by the blog to say hello; you can find her interview here. She recently remodeled her studio so I'm hoping to sign her up for a Saturday Studio Tour sometime soon.


Want to contribute a page? Here is the link to all the info, including dates that still need some love. Though this phase of the Project is technically over, there are a few pages that need artists. (As you scroll down the Diary 2011 page they are the ones in red.) If you can finish one in the next couple of days, drop Lucy an email to reserve a specific date.

I'll be pulling together a couple more pages in the next few days & will toss them up here for your perusal. Then it is onto making cards for an ATC swap I signed up for a while back but haven't even started yet (eek! Lately the one thing I can count on is my procrastination).
 ------------------


Speaking of waiting until the last minute, it is the last night to enter Heartsong Fine Art's random drawing. Laura Koniver, MD (the artist behind Heartsong) has generously donated this week's Thursday Giveaway prize. 1 lucky winner gets their choice of a set of Art Greeting Cards & Envelopes. Click here to see some of the choices. Leave a comment on my blog before 1 a.m. (EST) on 7/15 to enter. If you'd like a second entry, check out Laura's guest post on creativity & health and leave a comment there as well.

6 comments:

  1. You have done it again, what beautiful art, I love the movement in this piece, Stacey.

    The diary is such a fun project.

    Have a wonderful Evening, T. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the diary idea and your contribution, Stacey! Hey, I know all about procrastination...but look what we manage to get done anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes do love your art, the diary ideal is great
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Diary entry!!! Beautiful!
    I got in two pages for it. So I was proud of myself for getting them done. Last minute but done all the same. Ha!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat pages so looking forward to see all the pages come together.

    EWian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember your pages from last year, I think this is just the coolest idea!

    ReplyDelete