10/14/09

Mix It Up With Melange Challenge - Wander


Little Red has found her way home from Ybor City just in time for this week's Melange challenge prompt, Wander. She'd been hanging out over at Arts On 9th but they are in the process of moving to a larger space.




Though I'm rather attached to her, I've added Red's Walk to my ArtSnark etsy shop. Just click on the photo above to visit listing.

If you were visiting here last year, you may remember this piece's early stages; here it is pre-color. I started with some torn scrapbook paper glued on to 8 x 10 canvas board. Then I cut text (printed from an 1834 copy of Red Riding Hood) for the dress & trees. The basket is woven from tiny calendar pages. Red was drawn in pencil & ink. Final colors are from markers, watercolor, colored pencils & paint pen. The final piece is sprayed with a UV resistant finish and mounted under glass. I made a thin wooden shadow box insert so that the piece does not touch the glass.

If you get a chance today, pop over to the MelangeOnEtsy blog & see what Wander-ful pieces have been added (Check the the comment section for links). This challenge is open to anyone working in mixed media so if you are feeling inspired please leave a link to your piece.

9 comments:

  1. If I glued some of my grilled cheese creations to a board, would that count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore how you show the stages of your work. how you bring them to life just amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do indeed remember her early stages. Oh, this is is simply awesome. Oh man, I want this one....wonderful job Stacey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really marvelous, Stacey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vibrant! In both setting and story, as always. Wonderful work, Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is fabulous! I am really loving that piece!

    ReplyDelete