7/17/09

IF - Tango + list of other art challenges

Hot House Flower

Today's Illustration Friday prompt is Tango. This piece is from February but she seems to fit & I'm running behind. Originally she was to have a partner, but she kept rejecting all my sketches. I finally realized this dancer was having a grand time on her own & let her be.

Click HERE to view other sassy tango pieces. Or HERE to submit one of your own.

Here are a few more art challenges to keep you busy this week:

Play - Mixed Media Monday
Whisper - MelangeOnEtsy (changes on Wed.)
In The Attic - Art On The Darkside (changes on Wed.)
Glasses - Inspire Me Thursday
challenge 32 - Artarazzi (changes on Fri .)
Angels Tears- Art Freebies Soartful Saturdays
Fabric - Sunday Postcard Art I just spotted this site today. Looks fun!

Hmm... I seem to be missing Tuesday. Any recommendations to add to my list? I know there are so many fun art challenges "out there"......

By the way, the next Thursday Giveaway winner will be randomly picked on July 30 at noon (EST). This week's prize is a 16" x 20" canvas print of your summer photo. To Enter just leave a comment describing a summer photo that you would like to have printed. This week's prize sponsor, OnlinePosterPrinting.com, has a couple of disclaimers. Click HERE for details.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful...love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab work here!! Wow! Hey, thanks for the challenge links as well. I should check 'em out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did I just double post here? hummmm? maybe but I'll say it again great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the colour and passion in this image. Fab! And thanks too for all the links and info you include in your posts, what a generous blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background colours and textures, beautiful! Thanks very much for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacey, I love this! I have been getting the theme prompts but I haven't submitted any yet. I finished my other projects, so next week I double-down on my art. So maybe then. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She does look pretty independent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a dancer in my taste. Free as a bird! Love the colours and the movement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color and design seems to match this solo tango dancer's mood! Bravo! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never done a challenge yet- but they look like fun! Perhaps I'll try one soon. Gorgeous image!

    ReplyDelete