7/7/09

RTT hit & run

I have grown to love Tuesdays since discovering Random Tuesday Thoughts!

randomtuesday

Today I'm in a rush so I'm snagging some of my bookmarked sites to share. If you have a few minutes, give a click or 2:

Giant scrap metal dinosaurs & other cool sculptures by John Lopez

Watched the 1954 Disnified 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea last night. Oh man, I loved that movie as a kid! James Mason was the perfect Nemo but what is with the Kirk Douglas musical numbers?! You can hear 1 HERE. Over the years, I seem to have forgotten the MST3k worthy bits. And I'd swear that giant squid was much much bigger when I was 8 yrs old!!

www.olly.ch is a must for Nautilus fans! Check out this amazing home theater by Olly Klassen. He's also got some great WIP shots of the room coming together on his site.


Brass Goggles, a fun place to lose track of time, featured Mr Klassen's site last week.

Another great site somebody mentioned on one of my arty haunts (can't remember who -sorry) is mixed-media-artist.com. Fab mix of art & techniques. You've gotta love an artist who is "Emptying landfills, one project at a time!"

Flying-pig has some really cute "paper animation kits". These are paper mechanical toys that you can download & print for free
Also there's This To That "Because people have a need to glue things to other things"

I almost forgot the online art magazine, Blanket. Seriously Rocks! And I'm not just saying that cuz my Sinister Gentleman is on pg 22 of the current issue.

A Sinister Gentleman

This issue the theme is Portraits & he's included in the Re_Action section (where readers submit work in response to upcoming themes). Unlike some online mags it is not free (costs $2). But if you're into art, Blanket is always a good read & full of amazing eye candy.

Oops, running overtime...I do babble, don't I ? For more random-fun go see what the Keely The Un Mom & Queen of Chaos is up to this week. Tell her the zombies sent you.

The Un Mom

I almost forgot, just leave a comment before noon (EST) Thursday 7/9 to be entered in this week's random drawing. More info on giveaway & this week's prize ( a customizable art-box) can be found here

7 comments:

  1. Stacey, that is a great accomplishment to be featured in the online magazine. Congratulations! I, too, was a HUGE fan of the Disney movie "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea". Wow I remember the squid being huge, too. Takes me back a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking out your blog. I likey! Nice RTT too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! I loved that movie too!! Wonderful thoughts and tidbits!
    Thanks
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting your work in Blanket!

    That paper animation site is just too cool. Thanks for sharing the links. Off to check out the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Flying Pig! Whenever I have my cousin's daughter, who is 5, over our home, I always find something fun on the Flying Pig.

    Great posting for giving them props!

    Take Care,
    Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Because people have a need to glue things to other things"
    -----------------
    How'd they know? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh wow there's so much here i'll have to come back with a coffee later....that home theatre oh my...just gorgeousness personified!

    ReplyDelete