8/28/09

IF - Magnify + new ATC


I'm submitting this necklace (something a little different) for this week's Illustration Friday challenge. The prompt today is a fun one - Magnify. A print of my charcoal drawing rests in a silverplate pendant & is covered it with a magnifying cabochon and faux tears. (available at ArtSnark.etsy.com) To see more interpretations on the Magnify theme or add your own, just click the prompt.

Lots of challenges/swaps with deadlines of the 31st so I'll be trying to knock a few out this weekend. This art trading card is for a Lazy Days Of Summer swap over at OutsiderArtists.

poppet holiday atc

I based it on a "Circus Doll" stock photo by Mizzd-stock on Deviant Art. If you haven't seen her stock images, they are outstanding. I highly recommend them.

We were given trading partners & I was paired with mixed media/collage artist Jann Clark. Poppet Holiday is a bit of a tribute to all of the wonderful big haired ladies she creates. You can check out what Jann's up to lately over at her blog, ForeverJann. Can't wait to see what she sends me - I'll be sure to share it here.

Well, I have to get back to work. But first a reminder that I've got 2 different giveaways going on right now. Each random drawing will have 2 winners:

The 1st pair of winners (picked next Thursday) each get 250 custom greeting cards - Click HERE for details.

The 2nd set of winners will be picked on Sept. 10th & they get 500 custom business cards each- details HERE

Thanks for stopping in. Hope to see you tomorrow for Studio Tour Saturday. I'm planning to feature a new artist's studio/workspace every weekend. If you'd like to schedule your creative space for a stop on the "virtual tour", there are open slots in October onward. Just let me know either in comments or use the email in my profile.

14 comments:

  1. Very cool necklace!! The doll scares me a bit :-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Scary is cool - Jann (who'll be getting the card) makes some spooky ATC sometimes too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece for "magnify" and the ATC is cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would promote my website for my tea room,facebook fan page, etsy shop and blog and what ever else I can jam on it

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha oops that last post was for the give way but I loved magnify too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my looks scary for the eye
    heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the necklace! Also a fresh take on the topic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so different and very creative,cool !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pendant!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the eye necklace! It is so much fun! -Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. vivid eye... i'm mesmerised!

    ReplyDelete
  12. STACEY , THANKS FOR MENTIONING ME AND MY BLOG. I LOVE LOVE YOUR PUPPET CARD, IT DOESN'T SCARE ME - I THINK YOU ARE VERY TALENTED ARTIST. VERY INTERESTING BLOG YOU HAVE , ENJOYED LOOKING IT OVER AND LEARNING SOME USEFUL INFO. I SO ENJOYED SWAPPING WITH YOU. HAVE A GRAND DAY !

    ReplyDelete