8/29/09

Studio Tour Saturday - Pam Carriker

Ooh. We are sooo lucky!

The talented artist & wonderful soul, Pam Carriker has invited us into her studio today.


"Inspired by the latest issue of Where Women Create," Pam decided to redo her art room. She wanted to give the studio a facelift using mostly items she already had.



After cleaning out her space, she refreshed her studio with a gallon of paint. Around the door she added her motto "Art At The Speed Of Life". This was the title of Pam's 1st published article. Getting published "was a defining moment in my art life and describes to a 'T' my creative state of being. It is how I live."



If you read any of the Stampington & Co. magazines (Somerset Studio, Somerset Art Journaling, Somerset Apprentice, Stampers' Sampler, etc) or Cloth Paper Scissors you may recognize Pam. She's had many art pieces & articles published in the last 2 years. CLICK HERE for a list of past & upcoming publications featuring her work.

Pam moved her work table to the middle of the room to open up the space. She painted the striped trim because "This added touch of black worked in the same way I use it on a journal page, tying together the hints of black around the room, giving it visual flow. "


The only item she purchased for the room is this cute upholstered chair. Here she has created a relaxing space for art journaling. Check out the curtain rod on the wall - what a fun way to display art!


This paper organizer is probably my favorite feature. Such a fabulous way to keep those colorful papers organized!

Many thanks to Pam for letting us tour her fabulous workspace. Click here to visit her blog; see more pictures of the "studio facelift" and read about the fun changes she's made.

To find out more about Pam, her beautiful artwork and upcoming classes (both live & online) please visit her website www.pamcarriker.com. She also has 2 shops on Etsy: PamCarriker for original art & The Bag Lady's Art for limited edition prints.


"This print is of an original that I created in honor of my step mother's fight against Breast Cancer. I will be making a limited quantity of numbered prints, the proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Center for research." - Pam Carriker.

If you would like to purchase this print and donate to a good cause, just click on the image to be taken to her etsy shop.

That's it for today. I'm really enjoying this new blog series. It is so much fun to get a sneak peek into an artist's private world. Want to show off where you make your magic? If you would like to invite us into your creative space, please let me know. (My email is in my profile.) I have a variety of interesting studios lined up through mid-October. But the calendar is open that.

Last note: I'm hosting 2 different giveaways from the printing company DigitalRoom.com. There will be two winners per random drawing. Click to enter the giveaway for 250 CUSTOM GREETING CARDS (ends 9/3). Or click to enter giveaway for 500 CUSTOM BUSINESS CARDS (ends 9/10). Feel free to enter both drawings.

9 comments:

  1. Seeing Pam's studio is a feast for the eyes and the creative soul in me! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the studio re-do Pam! It looks great and so inspiring :) I love your motto "Art at the Speed of Life"...so true!

    Thanks Stacey for hosting this virtual tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stacey so much for featuring my creative space. I really wanted to prove I could reinvent it without spending money and I am enjoying it so much!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. great article Stacy. I really enjoyed seeing pam's studio. and i am in awe of your blog- it's just terrific! thanks for sharing your spirit!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to feture Pam's blog, Stacey. Love the idea, love the studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam's studio is inspiring...something to aim even a little way towards...

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is fabulous...thanks for the peek inside your studio Pam and the great post Stacey :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative studio space! And I love-love the art. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam, I like the way your studio is an art piece in its self. Everywhere your eye looks it's like having eye candy. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete