8/4/11

Enter to win Mary Shelley digital art ACEO - ends 8/18

Percy Bysse Shelley Birthday Treasury by Kaerl.etsy.com
 Happy Birthday, Percy B. Shelley!

1st I want to thank etsy seller Kaerl for putting together this wonderful Shelley themed treasury in honor of the poet's 219th birthday.  I just love Mark Satchwill's mini-art portrait on the upper left. For details on any piece, click the above caption to visit this treasury & then click on the image you are curious about.

The curator kindly included a link to Mary Shelley's Portrait, available in my ArtSnark etsy shop. The print in the treasury is 5" x 7". This piece also come as an ACEO (2.5" x 3.5"). This ACEO is the new giveaway prize:

ACEO Mary Shelley's Portrait

Mary Shelley's Portrait combines an 1840 painting of the author with a page from her original Frankenstein manuscript plus an illustration from the 1831 novel.

"You seek for knowledge and wisdom, as I once did; and I ardently hope that the gratification of your wishes may not be a serpent to sting you, as mine has been." 

In the summer of 1816 a group of friends were forced indoors due to inclement weather. They entertained themselves by reading ghost stories. Their host, Lord Byron, challenged his guests to invent some new frightening tales. So Mary Shelley, then 19 years old, created her famous narrative.

To Enter The 8/18 Random Drawing:

Simply leave a comment on this blog before 1 a.m. (EST) on August 18th. Please leave your contact info if it isn't in your profile. Prize ships free worldwide to 1 lucky random winner.

New to ACEOs? 

ACEO stands for Art Card Edition and Original. They are always 3.5" x 2.5" and can be one of a kind (OOAK) or reproductions. They a great way to collect pieces from your favorite artist's without breaking the bank.  (But be warned.... they are highly addictive to collect and create. Like potato chips, it is hard to stop at just one. You may laugh, but ask anyone who collects them and I bet they agree!)

Well, I've got to run. Wishing everyone a lovely day. Good luck!

8 comments:

  1. Stacey, you are so cool! I would love to win this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sooooo kind, and start a collection! I've got just the spot to display them too. Love your generosity and love your blog too, Thank You Stacey.xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fabulous!!! Count me in for sure
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like lots of fun, your ACEO is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good ghost story and I love great art. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes you just can't beat the good old Gothic horror stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Pick me! Pick me! hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete