8/16/11

Random Thoughts Tuesday - What'cha doin?

chilling on a summer night


Me? I'm kicking back after a day of catching up. Enjoyed a relaxing week at the beach - sand, sun, lots o' water, tons of fishing &(of course) mini-golf... a much appreciated break. (A few pics here if you're curious)

still fishing

A lovely last minute get away before school kicks in (plus a celebration of our 19th anniversary - where has the time gone?)

copper tree pendant step 1

Saturday I learned copper etching & cold connections from Holly at the brick & mortar shop for ebeads.com. I always have a great time over there. Holly is just so darn nice, knows so much & is happy to share. She is also very patient with newbies like me - an extra plus.

I took a bunch of work in progress photos. Here are a couple. I need to clean up the rest before posting (my point-n-shoot is acting up more than usual, perhaps too much moisture got into it last week). It may take a few days, but I'll add more photos of the class soon.

WIP - etched copper ACEO

We were making jewelry and I thought how cool would it be to etch some copper ACEOs! This piece is etched but hasn't been "aged" in liver of sulfur yet. I also want to add a border of nickel, wood or leather....still debating...

copper etching & cold connections class - photo courtesy of ebeads.com

Good news! Holly will be holding this class again on September 10th. She normally only teaches it once in a blue moon, but so many folks were interested that she's put it on the calender again. Go to the Beads website for details or giver her a buzz at the number you find there with any questions.

More fun on the horizon. Once school resumes, I'll rev the interviews back into gear. I keep running into the most interesting people & can't wait to share them here! Tonight I popped into Michael's Crafts for a minute and  met a local photographer who is about to publish a photo-illustrated dystopian graphic novel series. She's agreed to pop by for a chat soon so check back in a few weeks.

Portrait of Mary Shelley ACEO

Ooh, I almost forgot - leave a comment before 8/18 & you're entered in my random drawing for a mini-print (2.5" x 3.5")  of  Portrait of Mary Shelly. Click here for details.
Well, I'm calling it a night. If you are looking for some more random goodies, visit Stacey Uncorked. She is keeping the home fires burning for the chaotically-inclined-fans-o-Keely while sharing oodles haphazard info today. If you are feeling chatty, post your own babblings & link up! 

Until next time, hope you have a creative day!

6 comments:

  1. Hey girl!! Have a great week!! That class sounds wonderful
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 19 years. And cool etchings! Happy RTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice etching!!
    Me, making a salad with potatoes, tzatziki and halloumi for late lunch, watching the rain, forgetting to rest my eyes, thinking about the future, listening to Judy Garland, applying for a design store to sell my jewellery, looking for other options than Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those etchings look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love your copper etching! I am so blown away by it, beautiful! I have just begun to work with copper and I did my first, lol ok I will call it an etching or maybe only an etch at this point...nothing like yours. I am fascinated by copper and I would love to take an internet class on etching, a possibility? Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That copper is really cool!

    Enjoy your Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete