2/2/09

Monday's Muse - Challenges

The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he's dead. - Bette Davis
Today I am Time Challenged ... what's new, eh?

I started this morning thinking about all the great blog challenges out there. Poetry, art, and many others...

Been enjoying a few art challenges lately. A picture or word can really get the juices flowing .... Mostly in my mind unfortunately (the time thing again). Here are a few of my current favorites:
Mind Wide Open
Illustration Friday
Art On The Dark Side
What are some of your favorite challenges? Anything on the web that shakes your muse awake lately? I challenge you to take some advice from Bette D: Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.
------------------
9:30 pm Took up my own challenge of Time. Put the little guy to bed & gave myself 45 minutes to create...anything! The only caveat was that when the timer went off I had to stop. Ended up with this ATC . Feels good to tickle some paper, but it was hard to stop! She feels a bit unfinished & I've reawakened the fingers. However there is a patient husband & a paused movie waiting in the wings.... so to play by my own rules, she's done.now she needs a name....any suggestions?

9 comments:

  1. she is gorgeous and I think the hurried, unfinished quality is part of the charm. You could call her 'girl unfinished' because, which of us really are finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fragment of time....Betty After her quotes. LOL Kind of has that 40's feel to her. I think she is fabulous!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. In addition to the one you have mention the the Everyday Matters is a favourite,
    http://www.dannygregory.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/edm/

    Your lady has a grate face expression.

    EWian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Stacey she is Fabulous! Your artwork always is! You inspire me.
    XXX
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card and great way to push yourself artistically. How many times to I look at the clock and say, "nah . . . I don't have enought time to really get down to creating?"
    I think Sue Ann is right . . . she does have a 40's feel.
    :-)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacey, love the atc! She looks like "Wind Kissed" to me. I love the challange you gave yourself, great, thought provoking idea. Hope all is well your way, have a good one.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has Betty Davis eyes....
    memorable! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete