10/22/08

Inspired by Unusual Mediums, Fab Artists & Eye-catching Colors!

Thrilled to have a piece in LDphotography's Red & Black Attack Etsy Treasury (& happy to have figured out how to take a screen shot). "So Long" is the middle piece, 3rd row down. The treasury is up for a wee bit longer, if you get a chance to poke around. LD curates some eye-catching treasuries, so it really means a lot to me to be in one.

If anyone reading this is not familiar with Etsy, please take some time to check it out. You'll be amazed by the massive quantity & variety of art and artists there. Just in time for the holidays too!

In fact I've already started my Christmas shopping (Spoiler here,Mom - plug your ears:Lalalala) at LDPhotography on etsy. I know, I sound like a freakin' commercial. Can't help it though. I've been following Linda Donnelly's art for a little while, first on ZNE & then on Etsy. Initially I was drawn to her photography and photo-pendants. Tonight I found out she makes her own jewelry too ( Althena12 Jewelry ). This multi-talented artist also creates some wonderful ACEOs, at times using really unusual mediums. One of her dried clay art cards was recently published in Art Trader Magazine(issue#4).

Speaking of unusual mediums.....I am totally addicted to one from D'Uva. It comes in powder, stick & paint forms (Lithocoal is the black & Chromacoal for color). It can be applied to any item that can be heated to 250 degrees. At that temp it sets permanently & needs no protective finish. Until you set it, it is fully erasable. Imagine working on a watercolor painting that you can erase - No more brown yucky smoodge!
So Long is drawn & painted in Litho & Chromacoal on canvas

I am crazy in love with this product! It was my "gateway drug" from drawing to painting. Sadly, D'Uva seems to have stopped production. You can still find the goods on the web though (often discounted). Luckily, I bought a ton when my local art store purged it, so I'm set for a while.For kicks, here is another piece I did with a mix of Chromacoal & acrylic a few years ago. Funny thing, sold this big canvas (3' sq.) right off my living room wall as soon as I hung it. Oh, if sales could always be so easy....


If you made it this far, thanks for your patience. I'm still trying to get the hang of this & I do tend to ramble.... Also many thanks to all of you who stopped by & commented. As I suspected, great minds really do think alike! Isn't it wonderful how shared inspirations can lead to so many different interpretations ?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats and welcome to blogging! And I recognized your piece in that treasury immediately!

    ReplyDelete