4/4/11

Musical Monday - UNKLE, Nick Cave, Renato Coresone & Eggs?

Fresh hen & quail eggs

Hey there. Once again it is Musical Monday & I never did post my photos of Saturday's Tampa Garden Club Plant Fest... sigh. Thank you for your infinite patience. I think I need to accept that I am getting old. Or drinking too much wine.... either way, I used to have (a) more hours in the day & (b) more energy to use them. 

What is the point of this self-indulgent ramble? I took photos of the plants & artists (there were more art booths than I expected). Sadly, this week is just crazy-busy, so I may have to share a few each day instead of the one big post I'd planned on. 

Vintage Egg Scale

The fest was smallish with about 35 vendors, but the quality & prices were fantastic! There was even a local egg farmer, King Farm. We bought a dozen & the generous owner threw in several quail eggs (the cute little speckled ones). DH fried himself some of the hen's eggs & declared them "really tasty" - I think I'll have to give them a go tomorrow & make asparagi alla bismark. <----- Definitely my Last Meal go-to dish (although I always cry a bit when I make it as it reminds me of the wonderful time I spent in Italy with my mother in law years ago). I know, I know, TMI - just let me grab a tissue  & sniffle for a sec.

Okay. I have wandered way off topic here tonight. Originally I was going to post the new UNKLE & Nick Cave which is just as good as you might expect... 


But now I am in an Italian tourist state of mind. I have shared this video before but in case you missed it way back when, hop into your time machine & enjoy:


If you are looking for more tunes (or want to add your own) be sure to visit RunDMT, Xmas Dolly and Bloggin' with Amanda.

Catch you tomorrow with a few more photos. I hope you are off to a creative week!


*NOTE: More art & plant photos added on 4/6 - Just click here. *
-------------
By the way, a comment gets your name in the hat for my new random drawings. Click links for details:


7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got into the Italian tourist mood. I love that video. Both are great and I enjoyed them. And my friend I went to visit Queen Lego. Never seen that. Awesome. A big Mahalo to your 7 year old as well :) Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted it again because I missed it the first time. :)

    Oh and that UNKLE song was sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to learn more about the Italian culture.

    Glad you share with us today.

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us today. Your picks were a little off of today's theme, but I enjoyed them just the same. Today's theme was Christian Rock. Loved your Italian Mood song. Being of Italian decent I surely heard that one before. Hope to see you next week. Have a good one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your songs!!
    And those eggs looked to yummy and beautiful all at the same time.
    Enjoy your egg dish
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I loved the sound of UNKLE & Nick Cave very cool! The second vid so interesting I need to dig up some more info on that group they look familiar. Glad to have you playing again this week! Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun to hear the old classical verson,I am more familiar with the new, with the corresponding finger dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iANRO3I30nM&feature=channel_video_title

    EWian

    ReplyDelete