5/18/09

Monday is a Work In Progress

Hey there! How've you been? Just got back into town. Fun weekend at the beach with friends & family. But, now I'm feeling a little behind the 8 ball this week. Determined to pull it together after a good night's sleep.

Listening to the soundtrack to Wim Wender's Until The End Of The World tonight. Just now playing Last Night Sleep by Can. The only YouTube version I found to share is accompanied by some silly bits from the 1930s flick The Mummy...ahh well..



Musical Monday. Grab a button & play along.What are you listening to?


Over at Maternal Spark, Monday's Muse shares a thought provoking quote : A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a quip and worried to death by a frown on the right man’s brow.- Charles Brower

It can also be ground down by the day to day distractions, the constant interruptions & become simply a wish before disappearing into the ether. I stumbled onto an old sketchbook from 16+ years ago & have been thinking about jumping back into some of those old ideas. Here's an odd lass; I think she wants to turn into a tree or something...



Decided tonight to sketch something out for last week's Melange Lace Challenge. But as usual the piece had a mind of it's own & is calling itself My Sister's Ghost. It still has a way to go & keeps reciting the 1st line from Daphne Du Maurier 's Rebecca: Last night I dreamed I went to Mandalay again and as I stepped through the iron gates a strange power become me and I passed through them, as surreal as all dreamers are....


Tough to see in the scan but the negative space has a reflective silver finish. Also hard to see is the second sister working her way to the surface. You can just make out her hands on the left, arms extended and if you look closely a profile facing your left (her eye is overwhelmed by her siblings mouth just now).


Well, it's getting late & this piece wants some more attention. Til next time, here's another tune from UTEOTW:



By the way, don't forget to enter this week's Thursday Giveaway. Just leave a comment before noon on the 21st to be entered in the random drawing. For details & info on this week's prize click HERE

8 comments:

  1. Grr. Blogger just erased my comment. Anyway - enjoyed this post, and I'm going to go check out the lace challenge, it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to try to participate in the lace challenge. Hopefully I will have time to finish my piece up before I go out of town.

    I just LOVE "My Sisters Ghost"! There is something mysterious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MSG {not the tasty stuff} is wonderful. I'm going to go back and look at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard those before. TFS
    They are pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...i love the sketch! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lace challenge hey? Sounds interesting and it looks like you are facing it head on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like your 'odd' lass for many years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to find old sketchbooks! AND picking up old ideas or turning the ideas in to new things.
    Love seeing your ladies made from/in negative space always caching an emotion.

    EWian

    ReplyDelete