9/8/14

Musical Monday - Trains

Robert Johnson Love In vain Blues (1937)

It has been a while since I've played along with Xmas Dolly's Monday Music Blog Hop. This week's 'Train' theme is just loaded with options. Starting us off with some classic 1937 Robert Johnson, Love In Vain Blues ...it is always fun to go back in time a spell. Since we're chatting about the past, here's Johnny Cash's take on the 1924 tale of woe, Wreck of the Old 97:


And just because I can never get enough Warren Zevon:


Did you ever catch the folk music parody, "A Mighty Wind"? My husband loves folk music and I'm not a fan, but we both enjoyed this movie. I also love this intro from a live performance this tune: "Songs are written about coal mining disasters and many others about train wrecks. This is the only one we came across that takes care of both."


That is it for me today... but there are soooo many locomotive themed songs out there that there is no need for you to put on the brakes. Clicking here is your ticket to Xmas Dolly's station; you'll find a mix of musical paths to take from there.

Photobucket

-------------

A Final Note - Leave a comment on the blog before 1 a.m. (EST) on 9/18 to enter my latest random drawing. Two winners will be selected to take home their favorite nature art print or magnet. Click here to view the prizes. (By the way, I haven't been blogging or promoting this giveaway like I should so entries are super low, making your odds pretty good.)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to see you here rocking out!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dancing with you a little late. Whew, time gets away from me sometimes. Anywho, you're always welcome to hit the dance floor with the 4M crew anytime! So, wonderful to see you boogieing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the the dance floor and great song choices.

    ReplyDelete