I'm a big fan of buying local. As an art-o-holic & artist this email from Tampa Artist Emporium made me so happy my toes are wiggling!
Call To Artists
The Tampa Artist Emporium is now under new owner ship and their mission is “For Artists, By Artists!!”
April is Artist Appreciation Month at the Tampa Artist Emporium and they would like to invite all artists to bring in 2 pieces of art for the entire month with a reception on April 9th from 6-10pm.
1. This event is open to all local artists!
2. Each artist is allowed two pieces that represents them as an artist and there is also no up front fee.
3. Artists must e-mail their submissions to info@TampaArtistEmporium.com for approval.
4. Size is subject to approval.
5. Artwork will be dropped off on April 2nd.
6. Artwork will be picked up on April 30th.
7. If artwork is sold 30% will be taken and another piece can be brought by the same artist to replace it.
8. Commission checks will be ready at the beginning of May for the April sales.
Want to check out this cool space? Their website is TampaArtistEmporium.com . You can also click here for their facebook fan page.
I've enjoyed visiting Tampa Artist Emporium off & on for years. Some of my favorite artists have shown there. I'm a fan of photographer Richard Stewart & have a large print of his piece Workboat on my wall. Some trivia: I picked up this wonderful photo several years ago from a local art show we were both in. (I bought it before it was hung & it ended up taking first prize.) Click on the photo to visit Richard's website GalleryArtPhotos.com
This is a scan of Chris Schumacher's Red Riding Hood purchased from T.A.E. a few years ago. (Any flaws are due to my old scanner.) Chris has since moved out of state & I'm not sure where he sells now. Here's a link to his old blog, fauxtography.blogspot.com (warning: there is some nude photography).
I know I've mentioned Joe Bagley here before. Joe is one of my absolute favorite papercutting artists. His work is classic yet contemporary. I first stumbled into his art back around the time I started this blog. He has since moved to New England & his business has taken off. You can see more of Joe's amazing art at his website, papercutsbyjoe.com & etsy shop, papercutsbyjoe.etsy.com.
Great stuff, huh? If you find yourself in Tampa be sure to check out Tampa Artists Emporium on Bay To Bay Blvd. If you are a local artist make sure you answer their new Art Call! And if you are doing either, drop me a line. I'll be happy to post your art & thoughts.