10/6/09

Random Tuesday Time Machine

randomtuesday

Since it's Random Tuesday let's fire up the time machine - click on links for more info

On Oct 6 in :

105 BC - Battle of Arausio: The Cimbri defeat the Roman army of Gnaeus Mallius Maximus.

- Oops! Too far back, lets try again -

1783 - Benjamin Hanks patents self-winding clock

1849 George Westinghouse is born

1866 - first train robbery in USA

1887 Charles-Édouard Jeanneret-Gris is born
"I prefer drawing to talking. Drawing is faster, and leaves less room for lies."
- Le Corbusier


1889 The Moulin Rouge opened


1889 -
Thomas Edison shows his 1st motion picture - starts at 2:25 on the video below


1927 - The Era of the talkies arrived via Al Jolson & "The Jazz Singer" - Check out this VitaPhone promo for the show - it has some great footage of people at the movie's opening & the announcer is classic



Eh, what? Dang, work beckons. Topic Change before I go

You have probably heard by now that yesterday the FTC ruled bloggers must disclose their freebies when promoting/reviewing items.

For the record, when I've hosted a random drawing for the .coms Uprinting, Digital Room & Online Poster Printing, I have received a gift of the same type of item that is prize.

I do NOT receive anything from others mentioned in this blog, including featured artists. I post Thursday Giveaways, artist features & Saturday Studio tours because (1) I love making some random winner's day, (2) I love learning about & promoting artists (3) and I'm nosy and really get a kick out of the behind the scenes tours.


By The Way:

If you want to enter the latest Uprinting sponsored giveaway (1 custom printed vinyl banner) CLICK HERE for details

To enter random drawing for Cara Walz's Gazelle print CLICK HERE

The Un Mom

Well, I've gotta run. For more Random bits click the button above & see what The Un-Mom is up to this week. Ever wonder what Storm Troopers do with their down time? She's got the answer to that & more....

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cool history lesson! Today is my DH's birthday, so I'm gonna show him all the cool stuff that happened on his day! Cool blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly a busy gal. Holy moly.....I am not sure what to check out first. I hope my brain can remember some of the incredibly interesting items you have here.

    A BIG thanks also for visiting and leaving such a nice comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read about the new FTC rules yesterday. I always think your giveaways are very cool, and can't imagine you'd mislead anyone...although I don't *really* know you! ;) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the visits lately! I've been in quite the creative slump and the scrapbooking deal is so sloooow! I refuse to give up this early though and will stick with it until it truly flops! Or at least until the mice take over!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh feel like I've been on a little trip in a time machine...thanks honey...

    ReplyDelete