6/26/09

IF - Worn

Worn out

Finally got a chance to play with some pencils & paint today. Feels like it has been too long. If you get a chance, pop over to Illustration Friday & see what other great pieces have been submitted this week



Listened to some Peter Gabriel while poking around on DeviantArt & got inspired by this fabulous stock photo by LisaJen-stock.

On other fronts, I was pleasantly surprised to find Wallflower featured in a wonderful blog post over at Design Style Guide .

wallflower

Also vicariously enjoyed a delicious gelato courtesy of the lovely & talented Maria-Thérèse Andersson.

photo nicked from Afiori

She is visiting Rome this week. You can get a peek at her adventures over at Afiori. I'm excited to see what wonders she creates from her fabulous finds & photographs once she returns home.

Please note: The next Thursday Giveaway will be in 2 weeks (July 9). The winner gets one of my art boxes, customized with their choice of image & text. Click HERE for details and a photo of a similar piece. To enter the giveaway just leave a comment on this blog before noon (EST) on July 9th.

20 comments:

  1. Amazing work! Really wonderful stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like that Worn Out piece, Stacey. VERY nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful illustration, Artsnark; it's really sad and you can feel she's worn out...wow, howdo you do that? very clever stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the torn paper on the illustration...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love "Worn Out" - just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the girl blends with the backgroung. I like a lot this image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, inventive use of materials!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Peter Gabriel! I just kept your blog open for the longest time to listen to the video you posted. I hadn't heard that song before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can really get a sense of feeling "worn out" from this piece. It's very effective and emotional. I love your use of colours and the background

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work. Love how you have used both pencil and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cool IF entry! nice interpretation for worn!
    For some reason, im getting the vibe of the 50s from it... must be the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. phew! She really does look exhausted. ;) Wonderful mood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Illustration Friday is so much fun!!! all kind of levels and styles! Grate capture in on the theme!

    Congrats of the featuring!


    EWian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful illustration...seem to describe the way I'm feeling this week :)

    Thanks so much for the post on my blog about copyright...I'd appreciate any info you can get from your sis-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your drawing holds the spirit of 'worn'. So very lovely and tender.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting my blog. I really like the style of your "worn" post also.
    Great illo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that "Worn" piece! It's melodramatic and wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. heeeeheeeheeee that's meee! :-D
    wow! Or, um, I mean - that's YOU eating a gelato! ;-D

    Love your drawing!!! <3

    ReplyDelete